Types of hosting services
A hosting solution is related to keeping and/or sharing particular web content on a web server run by a website hosting supplier. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a peek at these. Doing so, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to launch a website, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution delivered by various providers, which lets you share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions are often supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain interval of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely wrong interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would divide the workload between different bunches of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different site hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you desire to share a huge quantity of pictures with chums or colleagues since the service is generally free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to tackling your emails. Some companies offer web hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you desire to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can open mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with several video files and several hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to manage as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to have a site. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and mail accounts, upload videos, and so on. At HD Web Hosting, for instance, you can have a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that enable you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are designed for particular content exclusively.